Hello Everyone! Well I survived the Hurricane. Not unexpected. The storm wasn’t really so bad. I woke up with half a tree in front of my front door and we were without power for 3 days but generally speaking we were well prepared. Mostly the whole thing was just very, very inconvenient. I know a lot of people in our area still don’t have power so we’re fortunate in that ours is turned on already. Personally I think if we’re going to have major weather events they should at least occur during the work week so it doesn’t screw with my time off but that’s just me. Oh well. Back to the real world!
I have a question. Who the hell names these thing? Seriously?
She allayed my usual concerns and said there has been no reported weight gain or sexual side effects (I don’t really believe this) and the norepinephrine aspect actually gives people a motivational boost so I shouldn’t have any fatigue either. Yay! So what side effects might there be?
– loss of appetite <—– We can hope
– dry mouth
– extreme tiredness <—– Hmmm, watching out for this
– unusual dreams <—— Probably my favorite aspect of anti-depressants
-uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
– pain, burning, numbness, or tingling in part of the body
– enlarged pupils (black circles in the centers of the eyes)
– blurred vision
– changes in sexual deesire or ability
– difficulty urniating
And the more serious CALL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY ones:
– difficult breathing
– fast heartbeat
– chest pain
– coma (loss of consciousness for a period of time) <—- Seriously?!?
– hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
– fever, sweating, confusion, fast or irregular heartbeat, and severe muscle stiffness
– unusual bleeding or bruising
– small red or purple dots on the skin
– difficulty concentrating
– memory problems
– problems with coordination
– increased falls
Seriously. This is all very ridiculous. The list isn’t as long as for the Abilify but there’s still a hell of a lot to look out for. She did say headaches and nausea were typical for the first week or two. That should be fun.
While I’m at it I’m going to quit smoking. Not that I smoke much at all but still, I’m determined. It’s an ugly, awful habit. I really hate it but I get addicted to habits and repetitive motions and patterns easily so it’s hard for me to give up things once I’ve established them somewhere in my life. Drinking too. I need to stop entirely. I’ve been drinking more and more lately from all the stress I’ve been dealing with and this just isn’t healthy. In the past I’ve tried to just focus on fixing one thing at a time but that doesn’t seem to work so well, so this time I’m going to throw all in and see if I can’t fix it all at once. Here goes nothing.
I’ll keep you updated.